Shelter Helper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assisting UK dog rescues

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ben approx 4yr old homed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheba's Mum

Sheba's Mum

Ben approx 4yr old homed Empty
PostSubject: Ben approx 4yr old homed   Ben approx 4yr old homed Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 9:37 pm

Ben has come into rescue as a stray. On meeting him today John found him to be a very good natured dog. He has however, some health issues which are being sorted out. We would like to find him a fosterer or a forever home ideally with no other dogs only because of his health issues.
Ben approx 4yr old homed DSCF7896

Ben approx 4yr old homed DSCF7895

Ben is with John in Chertsey Surrey.

Ben is in the care of Vigil gsd rescue but please contact John by phone in the first instance. 01932 571268

This is what Zoe had to say about Ben:
Ben was picked up as a stray a couple of weeks ago and has been in holding kennels ever since. He was picked up in a neglected state and his health has gone downhill since then - it is nothing that can't be cured, just stuff that should have been dealt with months ago.
When I picked him up he was meant to be going into kennels but he was coughing on the journey so the receiving kennels understandably couldn't take him. After numerous desparate phone calls by Sue @ Vigil, she couldn't find anyone to take him so I said I'd have him overnight so that he was at least safe and warm.

I have had to have him crated for a lot of the time because of my cats - I can't say that he was that happy with that set-up but I did sleep downstairs with him last night and was quiet until 7.30 this morning - I have to say he'd probably be happier uncrated but I didn't have a choice.

I took him to the vets this morning - he has been treated for mange (he does have some quite large bald bits so has obviously been suffering for some time), kennel cough and is verging on being emaciated although I think that with some good quality food inside him in small helpings he will be fine. He has also not been exercised very much as his back legs need to build muscle, but with gradual increase of exercise he will be fine.....he absolutely loved the walks we took him on. He is also clean in the house, and without fail went to the toilet every time I took him out.

I cannot big this gorgeous boy up enough - it broke my heart moving him on again - he has made a huge impact on me.

So his plus points:-

A real people friendly boy - tail wags and likes to say hello - when we walked him this morning we went somewhere where we met walkers, joggers & cyclists....really not phased by anything. Andys teenage sons are staying with us at the moment and he was fine with them too.

He was a star at the vets - happy to be examined (teeth/ears etc) - he wasn't overly happy when his prostate was checked so we put a muzzle on as a precaution but the vet said what a lovely boy he is.

Someone has obviously put time into Ben in the past - he walks really nicely on the lead if he's being walked on his own and will sit on command - he would be east to train further as he is really food orientated - I also think that he could possibly do obedience.

He travelled really well in the car - just lay down - I think that he just loves being with someone and he bonded extremely quickly with both myself and Andy.

On my way to Johns, I went via my Mum & Dads so that I could give him a safe offlead run as I wanted to see what his recall was like - he never left my side and if he did go off to sniff I called him and he came straight back....better behaved than Herbie!! I also gave him a shower while I was there to try to make his skin more comfortable - he was a really good boy and then I dried him off with the doggie dryer and again was totally unphased.

I can't really say what he is like with other dogs, as the introductions with Herbie weren't exactly a success - I would say that if he was with a quiet bitch possibly then he may well be fine - I am sure that John will mix him when he's a little more settled.

I would say that it wouldn't be wise to home him with cats as the first thing he did was chase mine and then they never re-appeared again until he'd gone - he "may" be ok with a cat that doesn't run, but again, I don't know for sure.

I wouldn't normally beg, but is there anyone that feels they could at least foster Ben until a home comes up for him? He needs to have some time and love put into him, preferable on a one to one basis, so that he can get his bodyweight up and just sort his skin out - I do believe that it will improve enormously just by being fed decent food and having the care that he so deserves - I can absolutely promise you that you will be repaid a million times over by this boy if my time with him is anything to go by.

I am more than happy to be contacted if anyone wants any more info on him regarding his mannerisms or what the vet said.

Please, please consider Ben if you are looking for a new addition to your family or would be prepared to foster.

If you feel you are the special person to give Ben the love & attention he deserves please contact John: 01932 571268

Ben's story

Last edited by Sheba's Mum on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://s10.zetaboards.com/biggsd/index/
biggsd

biggsd

PostSubject: Re: Ben approx 4yr old homed   Ben approx 4yr old homed Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Ben has been out today meeting my girl Keisha,since coming here he has been a model lodger.

Ben approx 4yr old homed DSCF7905

Ben approx 4yr old homed DSCF7904

Ben approx 4yr old homed DSCF7903

Ben approx 4yr old homed DSCF7901
Back to top Go down
http://www.biggsd.com
biggsd

biggsd

PostSubject: Re: Ben approx 4yr old homed   Ben approx 4yr old homed Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:36 am

Ben has gone and got himself a girlfriend, Keisha has come available after her ex Bob went to his new home today. Keisha is also looking for her new home in the german shepherd rescue surrey section.

Ben approx 4yr old homed DSCF7922

Ben approx 4yr old homed DSCF7929

Ben approx 4yr old homed DSCF7924
Back to top Go down
http://www.biggsd.com
Sheba's Mum

Sheba's Mum

PostSubject: Re: Ben approx 4yr old homed   Ben approx 4yr old homed Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Ben has found his new home.

Ben approx 4yr old homed DSCF7985

Ben approx 4yr old homed 1109472804 Ben approx 4yr old homed 1109472804
Back to top Go down
http://s10.zetaboards.com/biggsd/index/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben approx 4yr old homed   Ben approx 4yr old homed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ben approx 4yr old homed
Page 1 of 1