Shelter Helper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assisting UK dog rescues

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheba's Mum

Sheba's Mum

Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD Empty
PostSubject: Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD   Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:52 pm

Lucy's life up to now hasn't been a good one. For most of her life she has lived in a 6x4 foot shed and been bred from we are told on 2 occasions. She was put up for rehoming on the Preloved site and rehomed. She was then rehomed again to the owners who brought her into rescue. Said to be a very frightened girl when outside the house with people, other dogs and the world outside her comfort zone at home. Including her breeder, John's is her 5th place of residence. She is in foster with John in Chertsey Surrey until her new home comes along. John am told that she did live with another dog in the last home and was okay.

For further information, or if interested in offering Lucy a home please contact:

Sue Gibbons 01444 453302

or Mike Price on 01932 243686

or email rehoming@vigilgsdrescue.org.uk

Or John by phone please 01932 571268

Are you sure I can get on this bed.??

Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD DSCF8131

Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD DSCF8130

Lucy's story
Back to top Go down
http://s10.zetaboards.com/biggsd/index/
biggsd

biggsd

PostSubject: Re: Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD   Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:31 pm

I have found out more about Lucys problems, I am told that when she was being mated she was held down against her will and forced to have the male do his business, So i can only think this is why she is the way she is with dogs and wary of people until she gets to know them. Even now she is not an aggressive girl she barks because she is frightened and doesnt have a bad bone in her body. I had 2 friends visit me yesterday and after a couple of minutes she was okay with them. The owner who brought her into rescue on Saturday originaly went to look at her to rehome her but she wasnt what they wanted BUT took her anyway to get her out of (In there words) a hell hole with no intention of keeping her and then contacted Vigil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biggsd.com
biggsd

biggsd

PostSubject: Re: Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD   Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:09 am

I took Lucy to Treetops kennels today, her owners who brought her in last Saturday came back to meet me and Had another go at seeing if they can work with us ( sue Gibbons) of Vigil and some of the other volunteers to improve there handling of her when out walking,With the help of one of Taniths Martigale head collars http://www.martingaleheadcollar.co.uk/ good advise they got they have decided to take her back home with them,Jane (K9slumber) who lives not far from them has offered to walk with them and Lucy with one of her good natured boys,So best of luck Lucy and be a good girl for your mum and dad.

Back to top Go down
biggsd

biggsd

PostSubject: Re: Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD   Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:27 am

Today from Lucys mum.

Hello Everyone

We are so happy to have Lucy home. Saying what I thought was goodbye to her last week was terrible but we did so knowing she needed more help than we alone could give. Having the chance to have Lucy home and work with her with the help of friends and staff of Vigil is FANTASTIC.

Lucy came home with a new head collar... that collar and I are firm friends for life! It has changed her from a dog who was so strong and uncontrollable that I ended up face first if I tried to walk her and now into my lovely Lucy that walks out nicely and even my 8 year old can hold her for a few minutes with no issue controlling her.
Over the weekend we have been out along the Canal path at treetops, through Bere woods and up to Staunton country park.
Although Lucy still needs persuading that all other dogs are NOT about to eat her or her people and therefore, do not need to be terrorized on sight, The martingale head-collar has truly been the difference between us having to leave her for re-homing and having here here with us.

When we got back from Treetops with Lucy on Saturday she was so excited to see the children and felt she needed to get to work on her child washing duties immediately, once all children were licked clean, she settled down in her bed (with both the boy's in there with her) and slept a contented sleep. We are still trying to build her friendship with our cats but that will come with time, patience and a few scratches to the nose, no doubt.

I'll pop back in a day or two and let you know how we are getting on.

Nicky & Lucy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD   Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lucy 2.5yr old lovely B&T GSD
Page 1 of 1